The knowledge that CNC engraving and machining must learn!
COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL engraving machine is good at fine machining of small tools, with the ability of milling, grinding, drilling and high-speed tapping. It is widely used in 3C industry, mold industry, medical industry and other fields. This article collects common questions about CNC engraving.
1 . What is the main difference between COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL engraving and CNC milling?
Both CNC engraving and CNC milling use the principle of milling. The main difference lies in the diameter of the tool used. Among them, the commonly used tool diameter for cnc manufac turings is 6-40 mm, while the device diameter intended for CNC engraving is 0. 2-3 millimeter.
2 . Does CNC milling can only be used to get rough engineering and CNC engraving can only just be utilized pertaining to finishing?
Before answering this question, let us first understand the concept of the process. The rough machining process requires a large amount of machining, but the finishing machining amount is usually small , so some people habitually regard tough machining as “heavy cutting” and finishing as “light cutting”. In fact, rough engineering, semi-finishing, and finishing are process concepts, which represent different processing stages. Therefore , the accurate answer to this kind of question is that CNC milling can be used for heavy cutting or light cutting, while COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL engraving can only be used meant for light trimming.
- Can CNC decoration be utilized designed for rough machining of steel materials?
To judge whether CNC engraving can process a certain material, it mainly depends on the size of the tool that can be used. The application used in COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL engraving determines its maximum cutting capacity. If the mildew shape allows the use of tools with a diameter of more than 6 mm, it is strongly recommended to use CNC milling first, and then utilize the engraving method to remove the remaining material.
- Can the CNC machining center add a speed-increasing head to complete the decoration process?
Can not finish this. This kind of product appeared at the exhibition 2 years ago, but it was unable to complete the engraving procedure. The main reason is that the design from the CNC machining middle takes into account its own range of equipment, and the overall structure is not suitable for engraving processing. The main reason for this wrong idea is that they mistakenly regarded the high-speed electric spindle as the only feature in the engraving machine.
- CNC machininged can use tools with a small diameter. Can it replace EDM?
Cannot be replaced. Although decoration has narrowed the range of tool diameters for milling, small molds that could only be processed by EDM can now be processed by engraving. However , the length/diameter ratio of the decoration tool is generally around 5: 1 . When using small-diameter equipment, only very shallow cavities can be machined, and there is almost no cutting force in the EDM machining.. As long as the electrode could be manufactured, the cavity can be machined.
six. What are the primary factors affecting engraving control?
Machining is definitely a relatively complex process, and there are many factors that affect it, mainly including the following points: equipment tool characteristics, cutting tools, control systems, material features, processing technology, auxiliary fixtures and surrounding environment.
- What are the requirements for the control system of CNC turning?
CNC engraving processing is milling processing first, so the control system must have the ability to control milling handling. For the processing of small equipment, the feedforward function must be provided at the same time to reduce the speed of the path in advance to lessen the breaking frequency of small tools. At the same time, it is necessary to increase the cutting speed in a comparatively smooth path section to improve the efficiency of engraving processing.
- What qualities of the materials will impact processing?
The primary factors influencing the decoration performance with the material are the material type, hardness and toughness. The material category includes metallic materials and non-metallic materials. In general, the greater the hardness, the worse the processability, and the higher the viscosity, the worse the processability. The more impurities, the worse the processability, the greater the hardness of the particles inside the material, and the worse the processability. A general standard is: the higher the carbon content, the worse the workability, the bigger the alloy content, the worse the workability, the higher the content of non-metal elements, the better the workability ( however the nonmetal content in general materials is strictly controlled of).
- Which materials are ideal for engraving processing?
nonmetallic materials suitable for engraving include organic glass, resin, wood, etc ., and nonmetallic materials that are not ideal for decoration include natural marble and glass. Metal materials suitable for engraving include copper, aluminum, and mild steel with a hardness less than HRC40. Metallic materials not ideal for engraving include quenched steel.
- What impact does the instrument itself have on digesting, and how?
The tool elements that affect the engraving process include the software material, geometric parameters, and grinding technology. The program material found in the decoration process can be cemented carbide material, which is a powder alloy. The main performance index that determines the material performance is the average diameter of the powder. The smaller the diameter, the more wear-resistant the tool, and the bigger the durability of the tool. For more china turning knowledge, pay attention to the WeChat public account (CNC programming teaching) to receive the tutorial. The sharpness on the tool mainly affects the cutting force. The sharper the tool, the smaller the cutting pressure, the smoother the control, and the higher the surface quality, but the lower the durability of the device. Therefore , different sharpness should be selected when processing diverse materials. When processing relatively soft and sticky components, the slicing tool needs to be sharper. When the processing material is harder, the sharpness ought to be reduced to boost the durability of the cutting application. But it should not be too blunt, otherwise the cutting push will be too large, which will impact the processing. The key factor in the grinding of this tool may be the mesh number of the fine grinding wheel. A high-mesh grinding steering wheel can grind a more delicate cutting edge, which can effectively improve the durability of the tool. A high-mesh grinding wheel can grind a smoother flank surface and enhance the reducing surface top quality.
- What is the instrument life formula?
Tool life is mainly the tool life in the finalizing of metal materials. The empirical formula is: (T is the software life, CT is the life parameter, VC may be the titanium machining linear speed, f is the amount of knife per revolution, and P may be the depth of your knife). Included in this, the lowering linear speed is the biggest influence on tool existence. In addition, program radial runout, tool milling quality, tool material and coating, and coolant will also affect device durability.
- How to protect the engraving machine application during handling?
1) Protect the instrument setter from excessive oil erosion.
2) Pay attention to the control of flying chips. Flying chips are very harmful to the machine tool. Flying into the electric control cabinet will cause a short circuit. Soaring in to the guide rail will reduce the life belonging to the lead screw and the guideline rail. Consequently , the device software must be The main part of the seal is well sealed.
3) When moving the lamp, do not pull the light cap, it is easy to damage the lamp cap.
4) During the copper machining method, usually do not observe near the lowering area to avoid flying chips to injure your eyes. When the spindle motor is certainly rotating, it really is forbidden to perform any operations on the work surface.
5) When opening and closing the door of the machine program, do not open and close it violently. Through the finishing process, the shock and vibration during the door opening process may cause the machined surface to have knife marks.
6) The spindle velocity should be set, and start processing. Otherwise, because the spindle starts to rotate slowly, it will start producing without reaching the desired rate, causing the motor to suffocate.
7) It really is forbidden to place any tools or perhaps workpieces on the beam of the device tool.
8) It is strictly unacceptable to put magnetic tools such as magnetic suction cups and dial indicator holders on the electric powered control cupboard, otherwise the Display will be damaged.
- There is a phenomenon of holding back through the processing of a new device, and the processing is very laborious. What parameters need to be adjusted at this time?
The reason why the machining is very laborious is that the power and torque of the spindle cannot withstand the current clipping amount. A reasonable approach is to remake the road to reduce the depth within the tool, the depth for the groove, and the amount of trimming. If the entire processing time is significantly less than 30 minutes, you can also adjust the cutting acceleration to improve the laser cutting state.
- What’s the role of cutting fluid?
Focus on cooling oil for metal processing. The role of the cooling system is to take away the trimming heat and flying potato chips, and play a role in lubricating the refinement. The coolant will take away the cutting heat, reduce the heat transferred to the tool and the motor, and increase their service life. Take away soaring chips in order to avoid secondary cutting. Lubrication can easily decrease the slicing force and make the developing more stable. In the copper processing, the selection of oil-based reducing fluid can certainly improve the surface quality.
- What are the stages of tool wear?
Tool wear is divided into three stages: initial wear, normal put on, and Sharp wear. In the initial stage of use, the main cause of tool put on is that the temperature of the tool is low, and the optimal cutting temperature is not reached. At this time, the wear from the tool is mainly abrasive have on. Such don has a greater impact on the tool. More knowledge of COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL programming Pay attention to the WeChat public account (edm engineering teaching) to get the tutorial, you can easily cause the application to collapse. This stage is a very dangerous level. If it is not really handled well, it may directly cause the tool to collapse and fail. When the tool passes the original wear period, the lowering temperature in the tool reaches a particular value. This is the primary wear is diffusion dress in, and its function is principally to cause local spalling. Therefore , the use is smaller and slower. When the dress yourself in reaches a certain level, the tool fails and enters a period of rapid be dressed in.
- Why do tools have to be run-in and how to run-in?
We mentioned above that the tool is easy to collapse in the initial put on stage. In order to avoid the phenomenon of instrument collapse, we must run-in the tool. The die casting china heat of the instrument is gradually increased to a reasonable temperature. It really is verified simply by experiments the same refinement parameters are used for comparison. It can be seen that after running-in, the tool lifestyle has increased by simply more than 2 times.
The method of running-in is usually to lessen the feed rate by half while maintaining an acceptable spindle swiftness, and the developing time is about 5-10 minutes. Take a small value once processing soft materials, and take a large value when ever processing hard metals.
- How exactly to judge the severe wear with the tool?
The technique of judging severe software wear is definitely:
1) Once listening to the processed sound, there is a harsh call;
2) Listening to the sound of the main shaft, the primary shaft is obviously holding back;
3) It feels that the vibration increases during processing, and the machine program spindle appears obvious vibration;
4) Looking at the application effect, the knives around the processed bottom surface are sometimes good and sometimes bad ( if it is like this at the beginning, it means the fact that depth on the knife is too deep).
- When should I change the tool?
We should change the tool at about 2/3 of this tool your life limit. For example, the tool is severely worn in 60 minutes, the next time you process, you should begin the device change in 40 minutes, and develop the habit of changing the application regularly.
- Can seriously worn equipment continue to be processed?
After the device is significantly worn,delrin machining power could be increased to 3 times the normal. The cutting drive has a great influence within the service life of your spindle electrode. The lifespan of the spindle motor as well as the force will be inversely proportional to the third power. For instance, when the trimming force can be increased by three times, application for 10 minutes is equivalent to the spindle using 10*33=270 minutes under normal conditions.
- How to determine the protruding length of the tool during roughing?
The protruding amount of the tool is as short as possible. However , in actual processing, if it’s too short, the length of the instrument must be modified frequently, that may affect the absorbing efficiency too much. So how should the protruding length of the program be controlled in real processing? The principle is as follows: a φ3 size cutter bar can be prepared normally if it protrudes 5mm. The φ4 diameter instrument bar could be processed normally if it protrudes 7mm. The φ6 dimension tool club can be highly processed normally if this protrudes 10mm. Try to go below these values the moment loading the knife. If the space of the upper knife is certainly greater than the above value, try to control the depth belonging to brass machining when the tool is normally worn. This is a bit difficult to grasp and requires more exercise.
- What must i do if the software breaks suddenly during taking?
1) Stop processing and check the existing serial quantity of processing.
2) Check whether there is a broken knife body at the broken knife, and take it out if there is one.
3) Analyze the reasons just for tool breakage. This is actually the most important thing. Why is the program broken? If we want to analyze, we should evaluate the various factors that affect the processing mentioned previously. But the reason for the broken tool is that the force for the tool all of a sudden increases. Or the path problem, or the programme jitter is too big, or the material has lumps, or maybe the spindle motor speed is incorrect.
4) After analysis, change the tool for dealing. If the path is not changed, the original serial number should be advanced one serial number for accomplishment. At the moment, you must focus on lower the feed rate. One is because the broken application is hardened severely, plus the other is the tool running-in.